outline of theoretical, clinical and practical courses:
1. Study of principles of routine and special techniques used for histopathology
including principles of histochemistry as related to oral pathology.
2. Advanced and histopathologic study of dental and oral tissues including
3. Study of special pathology of oral regions as well as relation of local
pathologic and clinical findings to systemic conditions.
4. Oral microbiology and their relationship to various branches of dentistry.
5. Oral diagnosis of soft tissue changes-study of basic clinical changes and
their significance to dental and oral diseases as related to oral pathology.
6. Forensic dentistry.
7. Recent advances in oral pathology and oral microbiology.
8. Study of principles and techniques of oral cytology and oral biopsy
The MDS written examination shall consist of four papers, out of which two shall
be pertaining to the subject, one in Applied Basic Sciences and one shall be an
Essay. Each paper shall be of 3 hours duration.
Clinical practical and viva voce examination of not less than 2 days duration
involving case studies, clinical and pathological diagnosis of Oral diseases.